Orlando joins the NFL's national anthem debate
Some NFL players kneeling during the national anthem has been a hot-button issue ever since former quarterback Colin Kaepernick took a knee before the 2016 season. Central Floridians weigh in on the NFL's new policy.
The NFL has made a national anthem policy that brings out different reactions from Orlando residents. David Whitley hits the pavement for Word on the Street.
More Florida News
And, Neighbor of the Year goes to...Mr. Leslie Harris from Providence Neighborhood. Mr. Leslie could not attend, so Monet Moore accepts the award on his behalf.
The winner for Large Neighborhood of the Year goes to....(drum roll)....SouthWood Residential Community Association.
The winner for Small Neighborhood of the Year goes to....(drum roll)....Oak Knoll Estates.
[email protected] talks about the importance of neighborhoods in our community. He says that neighborhoods add to the quality of life experienced by #Tallahassee citizens.
The 38th annual Neighborhood of the Year Awards Ceremony is taking place now. Wonder which neighborhoods will take home top honors? Truth be told, all the nominees are great!
Here are the best discounts, so you don't miss out on moments like these! https://t.co/vjOiuLvNN2
If your commute is on the west side of Jacksonville this evening, take it slow! Thunderstorms with heavy rain are approaching I-295 #FLwx
[email protected] offers free rides this Thursday, June 21, for National Dump the Pump Day. Leave your car behind and ride StarMetro. Taking public transportation offers many benefits, including saving money and helping the environment and local economy. https://t.co/K1ANwe64oa
Don't miss next week's Meridian Avenue Bicycle & Pedestrian Improvements Study public meeting, it will be held at the Miami Beach Botanical Garden from 6 PM - 8 PM
Ponding water possible on roads in Woodbine and southern Camden County. 2 inches of rain has already fallen and still coming down. #GAwx
Check it out below!
@MiamiBeachNews internships are live! Go to https://t.co/xY6b0d2AbF to learn more about interning for the City of Miami Beach during Fall 2018.
Tomorrow, June 19, is #ElectionDay for the County Commissioner, District 5 Special Run-Off Election! Precincts will be open tomorrow morning at 7AM. 🗳️
Polling Place List: https://t.co/Kb6yrQh8NB
More information: https://t.co/sxPRIQann8
When thunder roars go indoors! Atlantic sea breeze has moved well inland this afternoon. Scattered storms with frequent lightning & heavy rainfall have developed and will move very slowly south. #flwx #gawx
A power outage is impacting 1,310 customers near S Meridian (E Van Buren to Orange), S Gadsden (Harrison to Jennings), E Magnolia (S Monroe to Brighton), Putnam, E Orange (S Adams to Jim Lee), Pontiac, and Country Club area. Crews responding.
All the Florida News we could find in One Place!
Recent Florida News
- Food stamp enrollment falls to 8-year low as Trump clamps down on fraud, economy improves
- Michael Jackson's elephant escaped enclosure at Florida zoo
- Yosemite's biggest restoration in history
- Vape juice flavors for e-cigarettes may cause heart issues
- Teddy bears sending smiles to those in need
- 7 things that are more expensive to buy on Amazon
- Great white shark washes ashore on California beach
- Thousands stung by jellyfish at beaches in Volusia County
- Woman says she was given breast implants without consent following double mastectomy
- Chick-Fil-A employee chases after customer who left food behind, becomes internet legend
- Two Officers Injured In Police Involved Shooting
- FBI Searching For Suspect That Robbed TD Bank In Hialeah On Father's Day
- Boy Airlifted To Hospital After Being Shot In Leg
- Celeb Chef Marcus Samuelsson To Open Restaurant In Overtown
- "I was raped by a man I met on a popular dating app"
- The Cast Of 'One Tree Hill' Are Reuniting For A Christmas Movie
- Bus line employee tells passengers they have to be Americans to ride
- Norland pastor believes man caught on surveillance is repeat church burglar
- Trapper saves Everglades gator from python’s grip
- 2 hospitalized after shooting at Tamarac apartment complex
- Man brandishes rifle in Denny’s parking lot after customer dispute
- Plant City neighborhood on edge following latest drive by shooting
- 8 On Your Side helps cut V.A. red tape, after months of waiting veteran receives prosthetic leg
- 3 shot in Fort Meade, Polk sheriff's office on scene
- Miami Man Now Charged in Murder of Second Woman
- Teen's Duct Tape Tuxedo Could Land Him $10K Scholarship
- Director: FBI Won't Repeat Errors Noted in Watchdog Report
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's album lyrics: Settling scores?
- Top 10 biggest movie opening weekends
- The resurrection of Alex Rodriguez
- Shooter in custody after three shot in Polk County, deputies say
- Tom Brady tells Oprah retirement coming 'sooner rather than later'
- Authorities: Rapper XXXTentacion shot dead in Florida
- New show uses power of puppets to talk tough topics with kids
- Meghan Markle's Father Apologizes for Staged Photos: 'It Was a Serious Mistake'
- The children separated from their parents have some famous advocates
- Georgia Grandma Strangles Rabid Bobcat With Her Bare Hands While Granddaughter Slept
- Millions at risk of chronic flooding this century, new study says
- Drought woes? This tech can make it rain
- 5 things we know about the Daytona Beach roller coaster derailment
- WATCH LIVE: Trump hosts National Space Council meeting
- Mystery lingers over fatal shooting on SR 408
- Woman's body found in freezer after husband's suicide, police say
- Police: Texas deputy repeatedly sexually assaulted 4-year-old, threatened mother with deportation
- WUCF TV nears $250,000 goal
- 2 sisters accused of stabbing each other in front of 5 small children
- Sen. Nelson meets with Orlando residents with pre-existing conditions
- Central Florida Muslims gather in Sanford to celebrate end of Ramadan
- Medical marijuana drive-thru coming to Florida
- Florida Woman shoots Florida Man where it really hurts: report
- Section of S.R. 19 to be designated 'Sheriff Chris Daniels Memorial Highway' to honor lawman who died in 2006
- Smokable medical pot patients must wait, court decides
- Domestic-violence tragedy cries out for more action from area leaders
- Florida man arrested after woman's body dumped on sidewalk
- Florida man rescues alligator from python's death grip in Everglades — and it's all caught on video
- Cops seek clean-shaved suspect in beard trimmer heist at Sanford Target
- Orange County mourns unexpected death of Ron Plummer, emergency manager
- Rapper XXXTentacion shot dead in Deerfield Beach, sheriff says
- Woman accused of shooting ex-husband in testicles a no-show in court, report says
- 23-foot-long python swallows, kills woman
- Man who left diabetic woman to die gets seven years in prison
- Immigrant kids seen held in fenced cages at border facility
- Police ID man killed in Orange City during domestic disturbance
- Man shoots gun into air after cash stolen in Chuck E. Cheese’s parking lot
- One of the best whiskeys in the world? A $17 bottle from Aldi
- In latest of a flurry of court actions, smoking medical marijuana is prohibited again
- Undocumented immigrant killed two women in Miami, dumped bodies on street, police say
- Stoneman Douglas parent group barred from collecting donations during audit
- Up to 1,000 children held by immigration authorities now living in Homestead compound
- Convicted U.S. informant escapes life term for role in huge Colombian coke ring
- Levine says he'll place his assets in a blind trust if he's elected governor
- Miami Republicans condemn Trump policy of separating families at the border
- Broward sues to remove amendment from November ballot that would overrule local voters
- Alligator rescued at Wawa store in Lakewood Ranch. Cops are looking for its kidnappers
- Rapper XXXTentacion shot dead outside South Florida motorcycle shop
- Hit-and-run victim fights to make road safer
- Boater records video of whale shark encounter
- Teenager starts non-profit to prevent skin cancer
- Charter school contracts with Sheriff's Office
- Remains of colonel, Vietnam vet laid to rest
- Court: Smokable medical marijuana ban stays
- Volusia safety workers want county manager ousted
- 2 dogs found in Melbourne dumpster
- 4-year-old reunites with firefighter who saved her from drowning
- Bail bondsman chases suspected criminal, officials say
- Some question sign posted at Maryland Dunkin Donuts
- Sen. Nelson demands answers about cars bursting into flames
- Foodies respond after celebrity chef Andrew Zimmern disses Orlando
- Plant that can cause blindness found in eastern US state
- Sinkhole opens in Leesburg road
- Florida man saves alligator from python attack
- Shopper charged with making $1.3 million in fraudulent returns to Walmart
- Kid calls 911 twice to tell police he hates his salad
- Attorney: Roller coaster riders will have lifelong injuries
- Family heartbroken after student who died by suicide is left out of yearbook
- Theaters post warnings after Disney says 'Incredibles 2' scene could cause seizures
- Trump tells Pentagon to create "Space Force"
- Gaming addiction is now a mental health condition according to the WHO
- XXXTentacion's friends organize memorial in Pompano Beach
- Man confesses to killing 2 women, abandoning bodies in street