Alan Bean, the 4th person to walk on the moon, dies at 86
NASA PIONEER DIES - Alan Bean also commanded the second crewed flight to the first US space station Skylab in July 1973.
Alan Bean, the fourth person to walk on the moon and the last surviving member of the Apollo 12 mission, died Saturday in Houston, according to his family and NASA. He was 86.
More Florida News
And, Neighbor of the Year goes to...Mr. Leslie Harris from Providence Neighborhood. Mr. Leslie could not attend, so Monet Moore accepts the award on his behalf.
The winner for Large Neighborhood of the Year goes to....(drum roll)....SouthWood Residential Community Association.
The winner for Small Neighborhood of the Year goes to....(drum roll)....Oak Knoll Estates.
[email protected] talks about the importance of neighborhoods in our community. He says that neighborhoods add to the quality of life experienced by #Tallahassee citizens.
The 38th annual Neighborhood of the Year Awards Ceremony is taking place now. Wonder which neighborhoods will take home top honors? Truth be told, all the nominees are great!
Here are the best discounts, so you don't miss out on moments like these! https://t.co/vjOiuLvNN2
If your commute is on the west side of Jacksonville this evening, take it slow! Thunderstorms with heavy rain are approaching I-295 #FLwx
[email protected] offers free rides this Thursday, June 21, for National Dump the Pump Day. Leave your car behind and ride StarMetro. Taking public transportation offers many benefits, including saving money and helping the environment and local economy. https://t.co/K1ANwe64oa
Don't miss next week's Meridian Avenue Bicycle & Pedestrian Improvements Study public meeting, it will be held at the Miami Beach Botanical Garden from 6 PM - 8 PM
Ponding water possible on roads in Woodbine and southern Camden County. 2 inches of rain has already fallen and still coming down. #GAwx
Check it out below!
@MiamiBeachNews internships are live! Go to https://t.co/xY6b0d2AbF to learn more about interning for the City of Miami Beach during Fall 2018.
Tomorrow, June 19, is #ElectionDay for the County Commissioner, District 5 Special Run-Off Election! Precincts will be open tomorrow morning at 7AM. 🗳️
Polling Place List: https://t.co/Kb6yrQh8NB
More information: https://t.co/sxPRIQann8
When thunder roars go indoors! Atlantic sea breeze has moved well inland this afternoon. Scattered storms with frequent lightning & heavy rainfall have developed and will move very slowly south. #flwx #gawx
A power outage is impacting 1,310 customers near S Meridian (E Van Buren to Orange), S Gadsden (Harrison to Jennings), E Magnolia (S Monroe to Brighton), Putnam, E Orange (S Adams to Jim Lee), Pontiac, and Country Club area. Crews responding.
All the Florida News we could find in One Place!
Recent Florida News
- State trooper goes viral after pulling over driver going too slowly in left lane
- Two firefighters suspended for allegedly making porn at fire station
- Driver claims plainclothes cop rear-ended SUV in Miami, fled
- 35 Years Ago, Astronaut Sally Ride Made History in Space
- GoFundMe Helps Family Shot After Road Rage Run-In
- Kate Spade's Funeral to Be Held in Birthplace of Kansas City
- Boy Hurt in Drive-By Shooting Outside SW Miami-Dade Home
- Man arrested for 1987 armed sexual battery in Seminole
- Top-Rated Sushi Spots in South Florida
- Trump Tells Pentagon to Create 'Space Force' Military Branch
- Indiana officer goes viral after pulling over driver going too slowly in left lane
- Trump digs in on immigration amid family separation crisis
- Veggie trays have made at least 78 people sick
- We want to hear from you. What questions do you have about education this election year?
- There's now a reward up to $10,000 for helping find this fugitive
- Miami drivers, please, learn where the registration stickers go on your license plates
- Florida has more to lose with sea rise than anywhere else in the U.S., new study says
- SunRail releases new schedule ahead of expansion
- Roller coaster derailment victims retain lawyer, safety experts for possible suit
- Nelson asks Gov. Scott to withdraw from ACA lawsuit
- Trump announces space force as new military branch
- 'Gaming addiction' called mental health condition
- Report: 'Incredibles 2' effects prompt theaters to post warnings
- Traffic Inbox: Where are speed limit signs on rural SR 33?
- Dangerous weed that can cause blindness, severe burns found in several states
- Florida woman shoots ex-husband in testicles for attempting to take A/C
- Restaurant receipt asks chef to 'spit' in customer's cheeseburger
- Actress Heather Locklear hospitalized after threatening to shoot herself, report says
- Food found 'surrounded by rat droppings' at South Florida BBQ restaurant, report states
- Fifty years after he disappeared over Laos, remains of Northeast High grad return home
- Rick Scott: I oppose separating families at border, but ‘chaos’ due to inaction on border security
- Report: 40 percent of Florida property will be ‘highly exposed’ to flooding
- Developer Grady Pridgen buys St. Pete’s shuttered Edward White Hospital
- Puerto Rico struggles with jump in asthma cases post-Maria
- Clearwater and Tampa want to turn flushed water into drinking water. Is it safe?
- Survey Says Nearly Half Of Americans Are Skipping Summer Vacation This Year
- Movie Theaters Showing "Incredibles 2" Post Seizure Warnings
- Police Searching For Serial Church Burglar In Miami Gardens
- Local Congresswoman On Immigration: "I've Never A Policy More Vile, More Revolting"
- FBI Offers 10K Reward For Info On Armed Fugitive
- Trump To Meet With House GOP Over Immigration Bills
- Scientists Think They Have Discovered The Cause Of PCOS
- Canadian boy calls police on parents because they made him eat salad
- 'Incredibles 2' may not be for everyone — Disney issues seizure warning for fans with epilepsy
- Georgia grandmother kills bobcat with bare hands after being attacked
- Adults need 8.5 hours of sleep — not 8 — to be fully rested, researchers say
- Deputy sexually assaulted 4-year-old, threatened mother with deportation, sheriff says
- Teen dying of cancer selling bracelets to survive
- Trump tells Pentagon to create 'Space Force' branch of military
- Texas deputy sexually assaulted girl, 4; threatened to deport her mom, sheriff says
- Compulsive video-game playing could be mental health problem
- Florida authorities identify remains of man missing 3 years
- HERO DOG: Faithful yorkie spends night in field with missing 3-year-old girl
- Compulsive Video-Game Playing Now New Mental Health Problem
- Celebrity Chef to Open Restaurant in Overtown Neighborhood
- Sen. Ted Cruz Tops Jimmy Kimmel in Charity Game
- FBI Offering Reward for Capture of Suspect in 2015 Shooting
- Disney: Strobe Lights in 'Incredibles 2' May Cause Seizures
- Kids in Cages With Mylar Blankets in Texas Border Facility
- Why Fecal Bacteria Sometimes Takes Over Jersey Shore Beaches
- Nancy Pelosi to Visit SD Migrant Children Detention Center
- Global Warming Cooks Up 'a Different World' Over 3 Decades
- Police Officer Finds Woman’s Lost $20K Engagement Ring
- Walmart shopper accused of making over 1,000 fake returns
- NASA's record-breaking spacewoman retires
- This is what could happen if you park in front of a hydrant
- Man drinks beer during DUI stop
- Viral tweet: Indiana cop pulls over left-lane driver; Trooper Steve explains
- Mom makes liquor store run, leaves child in hot car overnight, deputies say
- WHO to classify 'gaming disorder' as mental health condition
- Here's why gas prices are expected to keep dropping
- 3-mile detour needed to get around Partin Settlement Road in Osceola
- How much progress is being made in Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria?
- Actress says Tesla car erupted in flames 'out of the blue'
- Theaters issue warning about 'Incredibles 2'
- Family asks for continued prayers for Officer Kevin Valencia 1 week after shooting
- Did World Cup celebration trigger 'artificial earthquake' in Mexico?
- Over 2,000 jellyfish stings reported on Volusia beaches in 9 days
- Mom goes to liquor store, leaves 3-year-old in car overnight, deputies say
- Justices: No definitive ruling on partisan districts
- FBI agent removed from Russia probe for anti-Trump texts says he's willing to testify before Congress
- Chelsea Handler: Orlando show postponed
- Audi CEO arrested in diesel emissions case
- UN rights chief: US policy on migrant kids 'unconscionable'
- Gunman shoots two at Walmart store before killed by armed bystander
- Deputy talks man off ledge on I-4 in Orange County
- Homeland Security chief denies Trump administration policy of ripping kids from their parents at the nation's border
- Miller, Sturgill embrace Trump, tout conservative chops in GOP primary
- Go Fishing Day: How to observe in Central Florida
- Orlando restaurants seek to grow aggressively after quick starts
- Woman hurt in Daytona roller coaster derailment hires Matt Morgan
- Boy, 7, dead, three other children seriously injured in van crash with semi, FHP says
- Two huge cooling towers imploded at Jacksonville power plant | Watch the video
- Fairfield woman seriously injured in attack by own dog
- Georgia educators hike Appalachian Trail to honor former student
- Kansas woman says city wants $132K for toppled sculpture
- Now is the time to evaluate your hurricane insurance. It isn't as simple as you think.
- Florida Influencers rank inequality and education as most pressing 2018 election issue
- He handled importing the cigars. That also let him handle a $503,000 fraud
- A company founded by a Cuban American just made the Fortune 500. It's likely the first of its kind